ITV have confirmed that I’m A Celebrity will be making its way to our screens at the end of November.
It was announced last week that the new series will be broadcast from 19th November; which is just two weeks away from now – we cannot wait! The series will run for roughly three weeks, with the first elimination set to occur one week into the show.
Last year, the series finale reached an outstanding 11.4 million viewers; the largest number to tune in since 2013.
Fans are also delighted that Ant McPartlin will be joining co-star Declan Donnelly to present this year’s series, despite fears that he would be replaced. The 41-year-old has spent a number of months in rehab battling alcohol addiction and prescription pills.
Ant recently spoke to about the experience of these addictions: “I was at the point where anything – prescription drugs, non-prescription drugs – I would take. And take them with alcohol, which is ridiculous,” he said. “The doctors told me, ‘You could have killed yourself.'”
You may have noticed that there have been no adverts to promote the upcoming show on our televisions, despite the nearing start date.
Reports confirmed that filming had to be postponed as Ant continued his recovery, therefore the start date is set to be two weeks later than usual – that is if everything goes ahead as planned.
However, the official Twitter page released a teaser trailer of both Dec AND Ant’s recognisable voices shouting ‘Let’s Get Ready to Jungle!’ and fans are over-the-moon by the news that the duo will be reunited.
— I'm A Celebrity… (@imacelebrity) November 1, 2017
Whilst things were initially looking positive, reports of severe weather conditions have left cast and crew worried about whether the show can even go ahead on the anticipated date.
According to The Daily Star, a cyclone is set to hit Austrailia, meaning that further delays are to be expected.
Forecasters stated: “Australia will be hit by a string of major storms’ just as the show is due to start”
— Penn Wooding (@BrixhamUK) October 28, 2017
Noooo, apparently I'm A Celeb could be cancelled this year due to imminent bad weather ??
— amy lawrenson (@missusIawro) November 6, 2017
Whilst Jason Nicholls from AccuWeather added: “An early start to the season is expected with a named cyclone forming before the end of December.”
The tropical cyclone is expected to reach 170mph, with fears that the camp could be completely destroyed in the process. Should the air date go ahead as expected, there are also concerns that the entire series could be a ‘washout’.
If the show hasn’t already experienced enough trauma, the camp where the celebrities will be spending their time in just two weeks time is reported to have received an influx of deadly spiders – including the likes of Huntmans and Redbacks.
The wet weather conditions and hot temperature are said to be the main cause of the issue, with creepy crawlies leaving their habitats.
In an exclusive interview with The Daily Star, Arachnologist Dr Robert Raven commented on the issue: “In the past we’ve had early rain and nothing. Just really dry summers. But this summer, the rain is allowing the whole system to crank up again.
“People should check everywhere. If you pick up your towel, the next thing you know you could have a Huntsman on your face.
“A lot of the spiders are pretty harmless, but redbacks are of particular concern.”
Despite the setbacks, there have also been confirmations of who will be presenting the spin-off ITV 2 programme, I’m A Celebrity…Extra Camp!
This year’s presenters are said to include former ‘queen of the jungle’ and Gogglebox star Scarlett Moffatt, 2016 runner-up Joel Dommett and former ‘king of the jungle’ and ex –Eastenders actor Joe Swash.
Scarlett and Joel will replace last year’s presenters Vicky Pattison and Chris Ramsey.
Hello! Online chatted to Scarlett at the Pride of Britain awards last week, in which she revealed some insider gossip about the upcoming series: “I’m heading there next week,” she said. “We fly out on Monday [6 November]. My mum is flying out with us. We are so excited. There’s going to be sunshine, we from the North don’t get to see a lot of sunshine.
“But is has been forecast with some rain – so we’re just going to feel like home then.”
“But this year, it’s going to be fun!”
Meanwhile, discussions are underway as to which celebrities have been confirmed for this year’s series.
So far, there have been three confirmed celebs which will include ex Saturday’s popstar Vanessa White, Geordie Shore star Charlotte Crosby and Coronation Street actress Jennie McAlpine.
Jennie has played the role of Fizz in the soap since 2001 and has apparently been given a short period of time off from filming to make her way down-under.
The 33-year-old has been begged by producers to take part in the series, so could 2017 be her year?
A source told The Sun: ‘Jennie’s been on the wishlist for some time and, after a lot of persuasion, she’s agreed to take part this year.”
“Corrie have given it the green light because they’ve been able to reschedule her storyline filming — so everything has finally fallen into place.
“She’s bubbly and great fun, so the hope is she’ll be a great addition. The producers are over the moon to get her.”
Meanwhile, TOWIE star Lauren Goodyear is said to be in a bitter feud with ex-partner Mark Wright and hopes to join this year’s line-up, to become even more famous than him.
According to Closer magazine, a source said: “She’s hell-bent on going one better than Mark and becoming more famous than him, she says she won’t give up until she is.”
“She’s been hinting that she’s thinking about it and is desperate to return to TV. She’d love a celebrity romance in the jungle so she can relaunch herself.”
Mark Wright took part in the series back in 2011 and upon leaving the jungle, was handed a wide range of opportunities to further his career. So, who knows what may be around the corner for Lauren. We’ll just have to wait and see!
I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! airs on 19th November on ITV 1. We all have our fingers crossed!