Now that the X Factor is over for another year, Nicole Scherzinger has broken her silence on what its really like to be involved with the ITV entertainment show, whilst speaking to The Mirror in a recent interview.
Now in her fifth year on the show, some reports suggested that Simon Cowell may be replacing Nicole with ex-judge Cheryl for next year’s series, however, as of yet, there has been no confirmation as to who will be appearing in the line-up.
Even if this was to be the case, Nicole may not be that fussed about being ditched, as she told the newspaper she believes she’s far too good for the show and hates the way ITV bosses frequently cut out her best bits – yikes.
Talking to The Mirror, the 39-year-old ex-Pussycat Doll said: “I watch myself, I’m like, ‘Who would like me on this show?’ I get so frustrated because I’m so much more fabulous, at least I think I am, in real life. They’re taking away my shine, they edited that, I’m so much more great than that! They’re dulling it down and I’m like, ‘No! Let it be the Scherzy show once in a while!’
She was also reportedly far from impressed by Simon Cowell’s decision of refusing to allow her to sing with her act Kevin Davy during the final this weekend; who instead performed with last year’s Britain’s Got Talent winner Tokio Myers.
According to The Mirror, upon finding out the devastating news, Nicole had a major bust-up with Simon on Friday evening.
Nicole was even overheard by a source commenting on the matter whilst in public, in which she allegedly said: “This is the first time I’ve ever had a contestant and I’ve not performed with them. I’m not going to lie, I’m gutted. But X Factor didn’t ask me to.’ However, she later added publicly: “I would have loved to have shared the stage with Kevin and blow the roof off but other people think differently.”.
“I can’t express how grateful I am for Kevin.” she continued. “We’re like brother and sister. I’ve cried at so many of his songs.”
Contestant Kevin also spoke of his disappointment of not being able to perform with his mentor: “It would have been a really big dream. I’m sad it’s not happening. I respect her talent.” he said.
On Saturday night during the first live show, it was reported that Nicole was still seething over Simon’s decision and the pair are yet to make amends. Will this have an impact on Simon’s judging panel line-up next year? We’ll just have to wait and see.
The source connected with the show also went on to say: ‘Nicole couldn’t believe it when she was told Kevin would perform with Tokio. There was no discussion about it so it came as a huge shock. She went to speak to Simon about it but he had already made his decision and there was no changing it. Nicole was fuming.’
As of yet, no contracts have been signed for next year, however, Nicole did admit she would love to return if the opportunity was there: “I would love to come back next year” she said, “but ultimately I’m not the one writing the cheques.”
Nicole’s behaviour on last night’s live final also grabbed the attention of viewers, with many branding her as a ‘limelight hogger’.
The judge was seemingly having the time of her life whilst dancing to guest performers Little Mix, but those at home were raging as she stood up and flung her arms around in enjoyment and accidentally went on to block the camera lense; preventing viewers at home from having a full view of the girls’ performance.
Many of those watching took to Twitter to discuss the moment:
“I really wish Nicole would stop vying for attention! Every time someone is on she’s on her feet! & the camera goes to her! She was up in front of the camera, in the way when little mix were on!” one viewer said.
“Seriously man Nicole @NicoleScherzy p***** me off during Little Mix @LittleMix performance on #XFactor . Could not even see them properly due to her being over the top AGAIN dancing. Hope her a** is replaced next year!” another added.
Whilst another commented: “Can Nicole remember its not about her, #LittleMix are singing not her…..Sit on your bum or you’ll spill your yogurt”
“Why’s Nicole dancing to Little Mix on X Factor Final when they ain’t even started the song yet , sit down ya clown.” another quipped.
“Nicole dances like an embarrassing mum tryin to be cool at a gig with her kid! Stay still woman!!!” one viewer wrote.
Meanwhile, Nicole’s flamboyant dress also hit headlines, with one particular viewer describing her outfit choice as resembling ‘a sea urchin’.
“Okay but why is Nicole dressed like a sea urchin? Don’t say I’m the only one who thinks this.” they tweeted.
Whilst another comically added: “Anyone wondering why Wetherspoons don’t have their straws out anymore?”
“Why does Nicole’s outfit look like she crashed into the back of one of those toys you put on a pencil?” Another user quipped.
Last night, viewers saw Rak-Su take the X Factor crown; after battling it out with 20-year-old runner-up Grace Davies.
In an Instagram snap, the band who consists of Ashley, Jamaal, Myles, and Mustafa posted a picture with the caption: ‘OMFG THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH WE FLIPPING DID IT THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU ALL [sic].’
However, it’s not the end of the road for Grace, who is reportedly already going to be signed to Simon’s record label Syco within the next few days.
A source involved with the show told The Sun Online: “This has been a fantastic year for talent and both Grace and Rak-Su would have been worthy winners.
“Grace and Rak-Su write their own material and are real and rare talents – and Simon and all of the Syco team have made it clear they are keen to work with both acts.”