in

Woman Was Forced To Go Emergency Room When Her Thong Nearly Killed Her

A woman has shared the story of how her thong forced her to go the emergency room onto TikTok so that others can take in the precautionary warning. 

TikTok user Hillary Zinks has taken to the social media platform to share a precautionary story of how she was forced to go to the emergency room and it was all because of her thong.

In the TikTok clip, which has accumulated a whopping 6.1 million views, she explained how her butt had been hurting her for weeks and that she wasn’t really sure why.

Desperate to find out what was wrong, she even asked her mum to inspect her behind and was dismayed when she was told there was nothing there. Hillary couldn’t figure out what was wrong and keen to get it sorted, she decided she had no choice but to visit the emergency room.

When she finally met with the doctor, the doctor did an examination and informed her that she had an abscess on her rump. He told her that it was full of pus and would need to be removed.

Shockingly, the abscess had been caused by wearing thongs. Somehow, she had gained a microscopic cut on her behind.

Hillary told BuzzFeed News“If I ignored my abscess, it could have poisoned my blood and eventually killed me!”

“Luckily, my mom made me go to the ER, which led to the surgery and no long-lasting problems. I told the story to let people know that when you have strange symptoms and you have NO IDEA how they started, it’s a good idea to get it checked out.”

In a discussion with Dr Jennifer Lincoln, BuzzFeed News asked how something as discreet as a thong could end up causing so many problems.

Dr Lincoln explained: “Abscesses in the groin and anorectal area are not uncommon and can happen randomly to people who are more prone to infections.”

She continued: “As for causing abscesses in the anorectal area, it could theoretically cause a small cut in the skin from friction, which can then get infected. So if you do want to wear one, opt for a loose-fitting, soft cotton version. This may be better than synthetic fibres that can be more irritating to the skin, potentially more abrasive, or more likely to trap moisture and bacteria.”

@hillary.zinksGET CHECKED if you have new symptoms you have and NO IDEA why ! It can save your life

♬ original sound – Hillary Zinks

Recollecting on the horrific pain, Hillary said: “The thong was too tight on me. I remember the exact moment it happened: I pulled up my pants and also pulled my thong, and I pulled it a little too hard/high. 

“I felt a small pinch, but the pain went away almost instantly. I didn’t connect the incident to the thong until I went to the doctor and he asked me if I wore them. Then I remembered that moment.”

She then added: “This type of cyst/abscess is common, but people don’t talk about it because they think it’s ‘gross.’ If you read the comments [in my video], the amount of people who can relate is INSANE. I did not expect that at all. 

“I’ve also gotten tons of messages (from mostly girls) thanking me for sharing my story, and even women saying they set up a doctor’s appointment to get checked out.”

Hillary has suggested to others that to be on the safe side, try to not wear thongs. If you feel the need to wear them, try wearing a loose-fitting style instead.

Recalling the experience, she said: “I was humorous about the whole thing. I’ve told this story so many times and I always laugh about how a thong tried to kill me. But I am STRONG. There’s no way in heck a pair of underwear can take this girl down!”

Do you have a story for us? If so, email us at [email protected]. All contact will be treated in confidence.