in

A Schoolgirl, 14, Has Died After Charging Phone Explodes Under Pillow

A schoolgirl aged 14 has died after her charging phone exploded under her pillow as she slept. 

In Bastobe, Kazakhstan, a young girl has tragically been found dead, her phone’s battery having burst into flames next to her head as she slept.

Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek was at her village home listening to music on the day her charging phone exploded. According to police, her device was plugged into a power socket whilst charging under her pillow.

It wasn’t until the following morning that Alua’s family discovered the schoolgirl’s heartbreaking passing. Paramedics were called but unfortunately, her devastated relatives claim it was too late.

The 14-year-old is believed to have suffered severe head injuries. Apparently, the young girl would have died on the spot during the explosion.

After an investigation by forensic experts, it was determined that the mobile exploded during the early hours of the morning due to it overheating during charging.

It was determined that the mobile exploded during the early hours of the morning.

The girl’s passing has been described as a “tragic death”, with family and friends having gone to social media to share their condolences.

Ayazhan Dolasheva, 15, Alua’s distraught best friend posted: “I still cannot believe it. You were the best. We have been together since childhood. It is so hard for me without you. I miss you so much. You have left me forever.”

The brand of smartphone has yet to be confirmed.

How Can You Be More Safety Conscious When It Comes To Charging Your Electronic Devices?

The London Fire Brigade has a safety guideline to follow in regards to electrical items, specifically batteries, and chargers:

  1. Make sure to use the charger that was provided with your mobile device.
  2. If you need a replacement charger then make sure to choose a branded, genuine product from a supplier that you can trust. As there are many fake brands out there, it can be difficult to spot the difference.
  3. Make sure to protect your batteries against damage.
  4. Avoid storing or charging your battery at an extremely high or low temperature.
  5. If the charge cycle is complete on your mobile device, it is best to not leave your phone charging overnight. This could cause it to overheat.
  6. Make sure to never cover your charger or charging devices, this includes your laptop power lead in bed.
  7. When traveling, you need to make sure to avoid keeping all your items containing lithium-ion batteries together, especially when travelling on a plane.
  8. Do not overload your sockets.

As this fire brigade service alone deals with an average of 24 fires a week which have been the result of batteries, chargers, and cables, they certainly know how to make your home environment a lot safer.

Another issue to be aware of is counterfeit chargers as these can be deadly, many of them have failed to meet UK regulations. It may seem like a bargain at the time but these dodgy chargers could lead to fires or injury.

 

Do you have a story for us? If so, email us at [email protected] All contact will be treated in confidence. 

Do you have a story for us? If so, email us at [email protected]. All contact will be treated in confidence.