Andrew Neil has quit as Chairman and Lead Presenter of GB News.
The seasoned broadcaster resigned less than three months after launching the channel after presenting just eight shows.
The former Sunday-Times editor and BBC political presenter announced the news on Twitter.
Watch Andrew Neil share his thoughts on cancel culture below…
He wrote: “It’s official: I have resigned as Chairman and Lead Presenter of GB News.”
The 72-year-old also released a statement about his departure in which he said he had decided to ‘reduce his commitments on a number of fronts.’
He said: “Over the summer I’ve had time to reflect on my extensive portfolio of interests and decided it was time to cut back.”
“I wish GB News well in continuing to fulfil its founding promise and mission to reach audiences currently underserved by existing news broadcasters.”
The journalist hasn’t left the channel completely and will continue to be a guest contributor.
A statement from GB News said: “Andrew is without doubt one of the finest journalists and interviewers in this country.
“GB News thanks him for his 12 months of leadership, wisdom and advice, and we wish him well.”
He first revealed he would be taking a break from hosting duties after just two weeks and eight shows, but remained away from the channel for two months.
The announcement comes amid reports that three producers left the station last week.
Tom Harrington, an analyst at Enders Analysis, told the Telegraph he expects GB News will now sharpen its focus on right-leaning journalism to attract more viewers.
He said: “The move to the right is already happening. The guests they are bringing on air, and the fact Andrew Neil has left is a response to that.
“Right now, there are probably 20,000 or 30,000 people watching it, which is nothing. That is why they have to move towards an extreme to have some sort of impact and continue to be talked about.”
Watch our Video of the Day below…