in

Chef At Toby Carvery Sacked After Serving Plate With Human Bloodstains To Horrified Diner

A chef at Toby Carvery has been sacked after serving a plate covered in human bloodstains to a horrified diner. Reportedly, the chef cut his finger while carving meat but didn’t mention anything about it when serving the food. 

Daniella Maria, from Redhill, Surrey, was horrified when she was served up a bloodstained plate when dining at Toby Carvery on Friday, December 11, as reported by The Mirror.

The carer shared images of the plate onto Facebook, which appear to show the “bloodied” plate. She claims that she was given it by a staff member at the Redstone Hill Branch.

The image of the white plate shows that it’s splattered with a red, viscous fluid, like blood.

Alongside the rim, fingerprints are visible amid the splotches of blood.

In another snap, you can see that the slice of meat in gravy is also covered in splotches of red too.

The horrified carer complained about the incident on Facebook later that day.

Credit: Facebook

She wrote: “The chef cut his finger when he was carving the meat, but didn’t say anything he just carried on serving my food while his finger was dripping blood all over my plate.

“He knew his finger was bleeding and didn’t say anything and still served the food to me. Fuming. Absolutely f** disgusting will never eat in here, again.”

Following the post, she said that she planned to report the restaurant to the council.

Social media users have been left disgusted by the images.

One person commented: “That is vile.”

Another replied: “That is disgusting and to actually hand you the same plate too.”

A third wrote: “What the f***. I hope you don’t just settle with an apology and get a refund.”

Credit: Facebook

Danielle added: “It’s absolutely disgusting. I was taking my disabled client for her Christmas dinner and they ruined it, so angry.

“I didn’t touch it. The chef kept looking over at me to see if I was going to eat it as well, and still didn’t say anything.”

A Toby Carvery Redhill spokesperson said: “We would like to reassure our guests that we take hygiene and the quality standards of the food we serve very seriously. We would like to apologise to Daniella for her experience.

“The server involved has since left the business. We will be providing our team with full refresher training and working closely with local environmental health officials to review our procedures to ensure this does not happen again.”

In other food-related news, Britain’s “best Sunday roast” is said to be so there’s a three-year waiting list at the pub.

Do you have a story for us? If so, email us at [email protected]. All contact will be treated in confidence.