in
Tags:

Tommy Fury Faces Backlash Over Latest Fight Announcement

Daniel Bocianski Fight: Tommy Fury is facing a backlash over his latest announcement.
Credit: Alamy & @tommyfury/Instagram

Tommy Fury is facing a backlash after announcing his latest fight against Polish fighter Daniel Bocianski. 

The 22-year-old confirmed on Instagram that he will be the undercard for his older brother, Tyson Fury, and his fight against Dillian Whyte at Wembley on April 23.

However, many people have taken to the comments and questioned why the former Love Island star pulled out of his fight against Jake Paul last year.

Find out why Tommy Fury pulled out of the Jake Paul fight below… 

It all started when Fury took to the social media platform and wrote: “The reason I’ve been gone, throwing myself into the best camp of my life. Wembley stadium… 100,000 people… I’ll see you there. 23.04.22.” 

Taking to the comments, one said: “He knew fighting Jake Paul isn’t worth his time and skills. Card very well played champ.”

“Tommy who? Tommy what? Tommy Fumbles,” said a second.

A third chimed in: “Please stop fighting nobody’s and avoiding Jake man for f*** sake,” and a fourth added: “Easy fight for Tommy again absolute f***ing joke man put him in the ring with someone who’s gonna stick it on him what a s*** fight to watch.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Tommy TNT Fury (@tommyfury)

However, others commented on Bocianski’s current record and insisted that they would be watching.

One mused: “Well done buddy, regardless of what happens you are doing what you love and the dedication is seen… Best of luck to you and Tyson. I will be watching.”

A second commented: “Y’all acting like the other guy has a bad record says he’s 10-1. Tommy finally didn’t choose someone with more losses.”

Fury was set to fight American YouTuber Jake Paul on December 18 but announced he would have to pull out due to a ‘bacterial chest infection’ and ‘broken rib’.

At the time, he took to Instagram and said: “I am absolutely heartbroken that I have been forced to withdraw from my fight with Jake Paul due to a bacterial chest infection and a broken rib.

“The beginning of my camp was going so incredibly and I never expected anything to come in my way from a victory on December 18.

“I can’t express how disappointed I am and I really do hope we can get this fight rescheduled in the new year.”

Watch our Video of the Day below… 

Do you have a story for us? If so, email us at [email protected]. All contact will be treated in confidence.