A man has been arrested after he allegedly forced a little boy into eating hot sauce until he vomited, kneel on thumbtacks and sleep in a locked closet.
Kevin Grant, 31, and Kaitlin Elizabeth Baptiste, 29, are facing charges in relation to horrific allegations which have been detailed in a Connecticut arrest warrant, WFSB reported.
According to the news station, the Naugatuck police warrant says that the child was “locked in a laundry room and only let out when it was time to eat and for educational purposes.”
The child has revealed to the police that Grant “grabbed him and repeatedly struck him with a belt really hard all over his body causing him pain.”
The documents reveal that the boy has a scar on his face – which allegedly was the result of Grant holding a bottle rocket in his mouth until it exploded.
The warrant reportedly states that the child was forced to kneel on thumbtacks and rice.
In addition to this, the child said Grant “would make him drink cups of hot sauce and that he would throw up from drinking the hot sauce.”
The document then states that Grant allegedly picked up the child “back of his neck and threw him across the room.”
The child allegedly told officers that he had been forced to stand in a corner whilst he ate and that he was not allowed to “eat everything good”, although the rest of his family could.
At one point, the child was forced to sleep all alone in a trailer.
Before being forced into sleeping by himself in the laundry room for four months, he had also been forced to sleep in the garage, the warrant states.
Last week, it was reported that Grant had been arrested on multiple charges.
Police confirmed that he was facing charges of second-degree assault, intentionally cruelty to persons, risk of injury to a child, second-degree reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.
Kaitlin Elizabeth Baptiste, Grant’s wife, was also arrested.
The cops say that Baptiste was aware of the abuse and allowed it to happen, WNYW reported.
Baptiste is now facing charges of second-degree reckless endangerment, risk of injury to a child, and conspiracy to commit both intentional cruelty to person and disorderly conduct.
Whilst Grant’s bail has been set at $25,000, Baptiste’s has been set at $10,000.
The couple have each posted their bails and will now be returning to court on November 10.