in

Fast-Food Worker Is Fired After Taking Bath In Restaurant Sink

A fast-food worker has been fired after footage has emerged of him taking a bath in the restaurant’s sink. 

The 23-second video shows a man submerged in soapy water in what appears to be a restaurant industrial sink. Later, the incident was confirmed to have taken place at Wendy’s restaurant on North Lafayette Street in Greenville, Michigan.

The footage shows a Wendy’s worker telling the man who is bathing himself to “wash yourself” before throwing an item, that appears to be either a bar of soap or sponge, into the water.

In response, the man laughs and begins to scrub himself and then says: “It feels like a hot tub. I’m just enjoying life, boss.”

It hasn’t been confirmed whether or not the man was completely naked under the water, or whether or not he was just shirtless. But the footage does show that his knees are bare, which could imply that he isn’t wearing clothing.

Originally, the post was shared on TikTok and then onto Facebook, where it has since been viewed over 36,000 times.

The person who posted the footage on Facebook wrote: ‘So yeah I’m just gonna tell everyone right now DONT NOT GO TO THE GREENVILLE WENDYS. THIS IS DISGUSTING PLEASEEEEEE SHARE THIS.’

Credit: TikTok

Christian Gamp, a spokesperson for Team Schostak, the company that owns the Greenville Wendy’s, informed Newsweek that every one of the employees involved in the clip has since been fired.

Camp, the vice president of human resources for Team Schostak, stated: “Upon learning of this situation, all employees in the video were terminated immediately and the restaurant has been completely sanitized.”

He added: “This egregious behaviour is completely unacceptable and counters to our safety, training and operational standards.”

Additionally, he told Daily News that the restaurant has taken the “proper steps to make sure something like this never happens again.”

It is currently unclear whether or not the restaurant was closed when being cleaned, as it remained open and serving customers on Tuesday evening.

Camp commented: “We don’t want anything to make our guests feel that they can’t eat at any Wendy’s restaurant or any other of our restaurants.

“We look at everything to make sure that everything is safe, for our employees, first and foremost, and definitely for our guests.”

A representative from Carlisle who owns that particular franchise of Wendy’s made an official statement: “We are taking this incident seriously and it is obviously unacceptable.

“This was a prank by a person who no longer works at this restaurant, and who clearly did not use good judgement.

“We are taking this opportunity to reinforce our very strict quality procedures with our restaurant team.”

The day after the clip was recorded, the restaurant was visited by inspectors from the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, in which it passed sanitation observations.

Do you have a story for us? If so, email us at [email protected] All contact will be treated in confidence.

Do you have a story for us? If so, email us at [email protected]. All contact will be treated in confidence.