KFC has announced that 80 UK stores will be opening this week, with there being plans to take the total number to 100 serving customers by the end of the week.
On March 23, the chain closed its fast-food restaurants to help slow down the spread of the coronavirus and protect both customers and staff. However, they have since been making plans on how to reopen in a safe manner.
So that the kitchen staff can socially distance whilst at work, they will be cutting down menu options and on April 16, it was announced that 11 of the restaurants would be operating on a delivery only basis.
This was expanded on April 24 to 20 locations as the chain now wants to have reopened 100 branches by Monday, May 4.
The restaurant chain has put an emphasis on how they will be carefully undergoing strict new rules and hygiene measures so that it can manage the reopenings.
KFC UK managing director Paula MacKenzie stated: “This next stage allows us to continue to provide wider access to hot food for those who need it most, whether that’s key workers after a long shift or those working from home who need a quick, affordable dinner for the family.
“I’m hugely appreciative of our team members who have returned to work – it’s a challenging time for everyone, but we’re so glad to play our part in helping to feed the nation.”
The chain added that it would also benefit NHS and keyworkers as they would be able to donate food during this difficult time.
“We’ll be able to continue to deliver 10,000 meals a week in partnership with Deliveroo – to add to the 13,000 we’ve already donated,” the chain said.
Below is a list of the KFC stores that are open:
- Heaton Chapel
- New Oscott
- Manchester Hulme
- Manchester Deansgate
- Ipswich – Cardinal Park
- Glasgow – Pollockshaw Road
- Glasgow – Great Western Retail Park
- Enfield – Coliseum Retail Park
- Bury – Moorgate Retail Park
- Bently Bridge – Bentley Bridge Pleasure Park
- Great Bridge – Great Bridge Retail Park
- Romford Gallows – Colchester Road
- Tyburn – Kingsbury Road
- Norwich – Mile Cross Lane
- Brighton – Western Road
- Putney – High Street
- Mornington Crescent
- Hammersmith – Kings Street
- Ashford – Eureka Leisure Park
- Broadstairs – Westwood Retail Park
- Dover – Honey Wood Retail Park
- Birmingham – Martineau Place
- Grimsby – Birchin Way
- Rochdale – Kingsway Retail Park
- Wakefield – Westgate Retail Park
- Glasgow – Nitshill Road
- Northampton – Towcester Road
- Wrexham – St Georges Crescent
- Southampton – Above Bar Street
- Sheffield – Queens Road
- Lancaster – Penny Street
- Oxley – Bushbury Lane
- Manchester Fort Shopping Park
- Farnworth – Albert Road
- Bloxwich – Leamore Lane
- Wythenshawe – Rowlands Way
- East Kilbride – Kingsgate Retail Park
- Slough – Farnham Road
If your nearest branch doesn’t appear to be open, don’t worry. KFC has announced that you will be able to check Deliveroo, Just Eat and Uber Eats over the following few days to see if that has changed. You can also click here for an up to date list of the KFC open branches.
In other news, there have been reports that McDonald’s is planning on reopening in mid-May for drive-thru services only.