in

Mum’s £1 Primark Candle Explodes In Her Face After Being Lit For Just 45 Minutes

A mum of three has warned others against purchasing Primark’s range of £1 candles as she was left shaken when one exploded and shattered in her face after it was lit for the first time for just 45 minutes. 

Chelsea Pavey, from Maldon, decided to purchase the £1 Primark candle when shopping at her local store at intu Lakeside on Sunday. Thinking it was a bargain, she decided to light it when she got home.

However, after burning for just 45 minutes, the 29-year-old began to notice that the flame of the candle appeared to be erratic. She was then left shaken as the candle burst into a ball of flames and then cracked into pieces.

Credit: Chelsea Pavey

Chelsea, who works for Essex Police, was shocked by how dangerous the candle was. It had only been lit for 45 minutes when she heard the suspicious sound of crackling and just a moment after investigating, it exploded before her very eyes.

The mum wants Primark to be aware of how dangerous the candle is and is demanding that the store pull it from shelves.

Chelsea was left shaken by the incident and decided to take a photo of the damaged item as evidence, warning others not to purchase the candle.

The concerned mum said she had gotten in contact with Primark immediately afterwards. She explained what had happened and that it was extremely dangerous, but she claimed they said: “that wouldn’t be happening”.

The mum of three believes the candle should be taken off Primark shelves. Credit: Primark

Speaking to the Daily Mail, she said: “I explained I think they needed to be taken off the shelves until this is looked into but I was told that wouldn’t be happening and head office would need to investigate.

And added: “I have contacted them with no reply as of yet.”

Unsurprisingly, Chelsea has said that she won’t be buying the Primark candle ever again and said: “This may be bad luck and a fluke as some have said but what if it’s not, my family aren’t worth that risk.”

She continued: “I was shocked that it did so much damage and I don’t think people are aware, if it helps one person think twice about using these until there’s an investigation at least then I could of helped someone.”

Chelsea then admitted: “I have a massive fear of fire.

“I left the room to run a bath after burning the candle for around 45 minutes when I heard it crackling.

“I thought ‘something is clearly not right’. I came back to check and the flame was really high so I recorded it to show Primark, that’s when it exploded.”

The Sun has contacted Primark for a comment, a spokesperson stated: “Primark takes the safety of our customers and the quality of our products very seriously.

“We were very sorry to learn of this customer’s experience and we are in touch with her to investigate her complaint.”

Do you have a story for us? If so, email us at [email protected]. All contact will be treated in confidence.