in

Prince Charles Has Tested Positive For Coronavirus

Prince Charles, the heir to the throne, has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple reports. 

Clarence House has confirmed that the 71-year-old royal has been diagnosed with COVID-19 virus, which was released in a statement this morning.

Apparently, he has displayed “mild symptoms” but “otherwise remains in good health”. He is currently self-isolating in Scotland with the Duchess of Cornwall, who has tested negative for coronavirus.

“The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus,” the statement said.

“He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.

“The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.

“The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.

“It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”

Based on Charles and Camilla’s age (72), they are deemed to be at higher risk of complications from COVID-19, the illness caused by the virus.

Amid the pandemic, Queen Elizabeth II, who is 93, has cancelled multiple events and has now moved out of London to her royal residence at Windsor Castle with Prince Philip, 98.

Following the news of Charles’ diagnosis, Buckingham Palace announced that “the Queen remains in good health”.

“The Queen last saw The Prince of Wales briefly on the morning of 12 March and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare,” a spokesperson added.

Rhiannon Mills, Sky News’ Royal Correspondent, has stated that Charles had a “small number of meetings” and that people he has come into contact with have been tested.

She added that doctors believe he has been contagious since March 13.

The last public event Prince Charles attended was a reception and dinner in aid of the Australia bushfire relief effort on March 12, which took place at Mansion House in London.

Previously that day, the Prince of Wales had attended an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, where he greeted recipients with a non-contact gesture due to concerns over the spread of the illness.

Prince Albert of Monaco.

However, on March 10, Prince Charles hosted a WaterAid Summit at Clarence House to discuss the impacts of climate change and how it affects drinking water.

This event was also attended by Prince Albert of Monaco, who last week was confirmed as the first head of state to have tested positive for coronavirus.

He was being treated at the Princess Grace Hospital where his health has been described as “not worrying”, although he was being treated around the clock by a team of doctors.

Named after his US actress mother, Albert is continuing to work from his home office in the palace and is in contact with members of the government.

The announcement of Prince Charles having COVID-19 comes after the Queen and Prince Philip moved to Windsor Castle earlier than planned for the Easter period.

Following their arrival at Windsor, the monarch decided to issue a message of solidarity to Britons who are concerned about the infection. She said that families around the UK were entering “a period of great concern and uncertainty”.

“We are all being advised to change our normal routines and regular patterns of life for the greater good of the communities we live in and, in particular, to protect the most vulnerable within them,” she said.

“At times such as these, I am reminded that our nation’s history has been forged by people and communities coming together to work as one, concentrating our combined efforts with a focus on the common goal.

“We are enormously thankful for the expertise and commitment of our scientists, medical practitioners and emergency and public services; but now more than any time in our recent past, we all have a vitally important part to play as individuals – today and in the coming days, weeks and months.

“Many of us will need to find new ways of staying in touch with each other and making sure that loved ones are safe. I am certain we are up to that challenge. You can be assured that my family and I stand ready to play our part.”

View this post on Instagram

A MESSAGE FROM HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN . As Philip and I arrive at Windsor today, we know that many individuals and families across the United Kingdom, and around the world, are entering a period of great concern and uncertainty. We are all being advised to change our normal routines and regular patterns of life for the greater good of the communities we live in and, in particular, to protect the most vulnerable within them. At times such as these, I am reminded that our nation’s history has been forged by people and communities coming together to work as one, concentrating our combined efforts with a focus on the common goal. We are enormously thankful for the expertise and commitment of our scientists, medical practitioners and emergency and public services; but now more than any time in our recent past, we all have a vitally important part to play as individuals – today and in the coming days, weeks and months. Many of us will need to find new ways of staying in touch with each other and making sure that loved ones are safe. I am certain we are up to that challenge. You can be assured that my family and I stand ready to play our part. ELIZABETH R

A post shared by The Royal Family (@theroyalfamily) on

The UK has seen 424 deaths from coronavirus and more than 8,000 cases have been confirmed.

On Tuesday, 89 deaths were reported, which made it the biggest daily nationwide increase so far.

Do you have a story for us? If so, email us at [email protected]. All contact will be treated in confidence.