in

Seven People Die After Drinking Hand Sanitiser At Party

At a party in Russia, seven people have died after they ran out of booze and decided to drink hand sanitiser instead, reports say. 

In Tomtor, in the east of Russia, seven people have died after drinking hand sanitiser at a party. Reportedly, two of the boozers are still in a coma after knocking back the chemical substance.

During the coronavirus pandemic, hand sanitiser has been used more than ever to clean hands. However, nine people at a party in Russia have drunk the antiseptic wash.

The first three victims were a 41-year-old woman and two men aged 27 and 59. Yesterday, three men more men died as well as one today.

When the first three passed away, the other six were flown out by a medical evacuation aircraft to the regional capital Yakutsk.

Credit: The Siberian Times

The federal public health watchdog said in a statement: “Nine cases of poisoning with sanitiser have been registered, including seven that were fatal .”

The regional state prosecutor added: “The poisoning took place as a result of drinking sanitiser.”

According to reports, the hand sanitiser was 69 per cent methanol, which the party guests drank when they ran out of alcohol.

Local health officials have warned locals that they should not drink antiseptic as a criminal case is opened.

In other news, a mum has suffered horrific burns all over her body after using hand sanitiser which caught on fire when she went to light a candle. When the bottle of disinfectant made contact with the candle, it exploded like a “bomb” and the mum is now in an intensive care unit where she’s being treated for burns all over her body.

Featured Image Credit: The Siberian Times

Do you have a story for us? If so, email us at [email protected]. All contact will be treated in confidence.