You can now claim £20 by reporting players to Monopoly’s new Sore Losers Small Claims fund.
Picture the scene. It’s 7 pm on Christmas Day, your Christmas dinner has been scoffed down and a few too many drinks have been consumed. Then someone in your family mutters the inevitable words of “Game of Monopoly?”. Chaos ensues and once again you’re left to deal with the sore losers in your family.
If that sounds all too familiar to you and relevant to your family then don’t worry because today Hasbro has released its Monopoly for Sore Losers Small Claims Fund, offering players the chance claim a cash reimbursement against the corrupt bankers in your family and bad board game etiquette in general.
A small claims court to persecute the cheaters and liars in Monopoly? About time, Hasbro, about time.
Players can get in touch with the Sore Losers Small Claims Fund and make a claim for the following reasons:
- False accusations – Incorrectly calling out that somebody cheated during the game. Just because the banker is doing well does not automatically mean they’re skimming.
- The MONOPOLY Meltdown – Tantrums, foot-stomping, funny faces, sulking and claiming ‘it’s not fair’. There’s no need to lose your cool in a long game, but if an alliance has been made that you don’t agree with or you’ve narrowly missed out on the Free Parking stash, there’s no need to have a meltdown.
- Unsporting behaviour – During gameplay one should conduct themselves in a fair, respectful, and gracious way. Bickering about which token to choose; refusal to accept being served fees, fines or bills; throwing money across the table; or worst of all – leaving the game early
- Infringement of the rules – Bending the rules in support of one player. A sleight of hand often used by parents to avoid a Monopoly Meltdown. Not limited to, but including: slipping a player money, excusing a rent payment or claiming a different number appeared on the dice.
- Damager to the game – The board flip. Tensions can run high but a board flip can never be excused, even if you’ve been served jail time and someone is about to land on your newly purchased hotels.
If the reasons above sound at all familiar to you and your usual suspects – players even – then you can make a claim to Sore Losers Small Claims Fund by simply texting ‘SORE LOSER’ to 80800, before December 11, and fill in the following questions related to your claim.
If your claim is successful, the player will be awarded a £20 cheque and a copy of the game of Monopoly For Sore Losers to avoid any future fallouts.
Speaking ahead of the release of the Sore Loser Small Claims fund, Louisa Parast, Marketing Director at Hasbro UK & Ireland, said: “We all know a sore loser and we love to celebrate iconic heroes from sports stars to reality TV stars… We’ve all got a favourite moment, and they know who they are.
“As a Monopoly expert, I know there can be times when winning the game overpowers playing the game nicely and this notion can often stop families from getting Monopoly out of the cupboard. The Sore Losers Small Claims Fund, we hope, will go some way in wiping the slate clean for any previous damages whilst the new game should ensure that future fallouts can be avoided! It’s a win-win!”
The Sore Losers Small Claims fund comes at a perfect time, as an astonishing 9 out of 10 Brits claim there is a small loser in their family, according to a poll of 2,000 UK adults commissioned by Monopoly.
The good news is that Monopoly is ready to take action and prosecute the sore losers in your family this Christmas, the bad news is that if you can’t identify the sore loser, it means it’s probably you.