A woman on TikTok has claimed she ‘almost died from a wedgie’.
The 25-year-old, who is known only as Sam, revealed in a series of videos that she developed cellulitis, which is a combination of skin infection and sepsis, after wearing a pair of tight shorts.
In a chat with BuzzFeed, she claimed she chose to ‘ignore’ the pain at the time as she didn’t realise how serious it was.
She explained: “The timeline goes like this: I went on a full day date with this guy I was newly dating, and realized I was wearing very uncomfortable clothes.
“I chose to ignore it and just enjoy my time.
“The next day, I felt very sore and then started feeling ill – just not 100 percent.
“That night, I noticed that I had a large bump where the chafing had occurred, and as time went on, it started becoming more painful.
“The pain was isolated to one spot and it felt like a throbbing, stabbing pain.”
Sam then claimed she went to the doctors, but was only given antibiotics.
@imtoooldtobeonthis##greenscreen moral of the story: tight shorts are OUT! ##CurameChoreo ##fypシ ##storytime ##ShowYourGlow ##fyp ##PepsiApplePieChallenge♬ original sound – Sarah Cothran
“The very next morning, I was in septic shock and rushed to the ER by my mom,” she recalled. “I was shivering, very breathless, could not walk and had extreme body aches.
“I was in the ICU for almost four days, where the doctors were debating debridement surgery (basically, cutting off the part of my butt that was infected).”
Fortunately, Sam was able to avoid surgery as she managed to recover in ICU.
She continued: “I was sent to the ER for three days to fully recover before they sent me home. After I left the hospital, I was told to rest at home for a full month.
“Unfortunately, the cellulitis came back a month later, and I had to go back to the ER only for a day, where they treated me with antibiotics.”
“Most people were shocked that this could happen, but I was extremely surprised at the amount of people saying the same thing happened to them too!”
Watch our Video of the Day below…