Student Lost All His Limbs After Eating His Roommate’s Leftover Noodles For Lunch

Credit: Alamy & Chubbyemu via YouTube

A student reportedly lost all his limbs after eating his roommate’s leftover noodles for lunch.

We’ve all at one point or another eaten leftover food from the day before. Whether it be cold pizza or reheating a takeaway, it is always an option if you want something easy and fuss-free to eat the following day.

However, one student faced dire consequences after eating some noodles that had been left in the fridge.

After eating the food, he instantly fell ill.

Related Article: ‘Brieing’ Is A Bizarre MDMA Trend Among Middle-Aged Women

Related Article: What Is A Rainbow Kiss? People Say They’ve Been Left Disgusted By Trend

According to The New England Journal Of Medicine, he suffered from a severely high temperature, a pulse of 166 beats per minute, and had to be sedated.

He had no recorded allergies and had received his childhood vaccinations.

He smoked two packs of cigarettes each week – along with marijuana on a daily basis – and wasn’t a huge drinker.

The student was so ill that he had to be taken to the intensive care unit of another hospital by helicopter for further treatment.

The report states: “The patient had been well until 20 hours before this admission, when diffuse abdominal pain and nausea developed after he ate rice, chicken, and lo mein leftovers from a restaurant meal.

“Five hours before this admission, purplish discolouration of the skin developed, and a friend took the patient to the emergency department of another hospital for evaluation.”

In a video from Dr Bernard, the story was looked at in greater detail.

It was noted that the severe symptoms that he was suffering likely stemmed from an aggressive bacterial infection – leading to his kidneys having failed, and his blood starting to clot.

This was all less than 24 hours since he ate the food.

Student Feeling Ill
The student fell severely ill after eating some leftover noodles. Credit: Chubbyemu via YouTube

After receiving blood test results from the previous hospital, they found that he had a bacteria in his blood called Neisseria meningitidis – also known as meningococcus.

Dr Bernard explained: “It’s kind of like getting a cut on your skin – the bleeding stops eventually because of a blood clot, then the area around the cut becomes swollen and warm.

“It is swollen because the blood vessels dilate so that more blood vessels can get to the area and the swelling is partly due to the fact that there is increased fluid and the warmth is the inflammation.

“But, when bacteria are present in the blood, the entire body’s blood vessels dilate, dropping then blood pressure, preventing oxygen from getting into the organs.”

He continued: “Little clots [start to] form everywhere, as they get lodged into small blood vessels blocking blood flow.

“As his hands and feet become cold, they are starved of oxygen.”

Related Article: ‘Bed Rotting’ Is The Latest Trend Gen Z Are Obsessed With

Related Article: People Are Only Just Realising What Parmesan Cheese Is Made From – And It’s Grim

Soon the tissue that is starved of blood starts to turn necrotic which is known as Purpura fulminans.

This led to his fingers developing gangrene, as did his legs down to his feet – meaning that he had to have parts of all 10 fingers amputated, as well as bilateral below-knee amputations.

The bacteria that got into his food is known to spread through saliva, which is interesting as his roommate had thrown up after eating the food the night before.

26 days after his procedure, the student became conscious and his condition improved – but his life was changed forever.

The Best Of It’s Gone Viral Delivered Straight To Your Inbox

* indicates required

Watch our Video of the Day below…

Do you have a story for us? If so, email us at [email protected]. All contact will be treated in confidence.