The Good Morning Britain presenter, who has been a long-time critic of the Royal couple, took to Twitter to blast their decision to share their happy news with the world on Sunday night, despite ‘trashing’ the media for ‘invading their privacy’ days earlier.
He wrote: “They don’t want privacy. They want publicity but only if it’s positive.
“So today they let all the papers they hate publish their baby announcement photo because it enhances their brand.
“A few days ago, they were trashing the same papers as dehumanising invaders of their privacy.”
Recently, Morgan lashed out at Prince Harry when he expressed that he was disappointed at the prospect of losing his honorary military titles.
The outspoken journalist branded him ‘tedious and rather sad’.
Speaking on GMB, he said: “None of this justifies him being allowed to retain honorary military titles he was given through his royal status when he still performed royal duties.”
Before quitting the Royal Family, the couple welcomed their first child, Archie, in 2019. They then moved over to America to live more private lives.
The couple, who married in 2018, are clearly overjoyed by the news that they have a child on the way, as Markle recently revealed she tragically experienced a miscarriage last year.
Opening up to the New York Times, she said: “It was a July morning that began as ordinarily as any other day: Make breakfast. Feed the dogs. Take vitamins. Find that missing sock. Pick up the rogue crayon that rolled under the table. Throw my hair in a ponytail before getting my son from his crib.
“After changing his diaper, I felt a sharp cramp. I dropped to the floor with him in my arms, humming a lullaby to keep us both calm, the cheerful tune a stark contrast to my sense that something was not right.
“I knew, as I clutched my firstborn child, that I was losing my second.”