Murderer Returns To Crime Scene And Brags He ‘Knows What Happened’

Murderer Mark Hecko chillingly returned to a crime scene and bragged that he ‘knows what happened’.
Credit: Essex Police

A murderer chillingly returned to a crime scene and bragged that he ‘knows what happened’.

Just hours before the body footage was captured on July 25 last year, Mark Hecko, 26, stabbed Adrian Ellingford, 44, twice.

Officers arrived at the scene shortly after the assault to find the victim with wounds so severe that a bone had been broken in his chest.

However, Hecko astonishingly returned to the crime scene to taunt the police.

Watch the moment the murderer returned to the scene below…

The murderer is visibly intoxicated in the footage and is holding a bottle of Courvoisier brandy as he approaches the officer.

Slurring, he says: “I know what happened, I know the people involved.”

The officer then asks Hecko for his name, to which he responds: “I’m not going to tell you my name because I don’t give a f***.

Related Article: Woman Finds Husband’s Body In Their House Eight Months After Reporting Him Missing

Related Article: Police Officer Who Slept With Six Co-Workers Breaks Silence In Explosive Interview

Because I know what happened and you need me to figure out what happened. 

“If you don’t have me, you don’t know what happened.”

He continues to taunt the officer by saying that they need him in order to know ‘what happened’.

Later in the footage, he claims that another man came to the property, explaining: “I just know that some guy come here and he f***s up some guy.

“I don’t know what happened. He just got f***ed up.”

Drunk murderer
Mark Hecko drunkenly reappeared on the scene of the murder he committed hours before. Credot: Essex Police

As the footage goes on, Hecko becomes more aggressive and says ‘this city’s f***ing mine’.

He was then arrested on the spot and was identified as the main suspect while he was in custody.

Within a few days of questioning, Hecko was charged with murder and remained in custody.

During his trial, which started on February 13 at Chelmsford Crown Court, the 26-year-old argued that he was simply visiting the scene after seeing the news.

However, there was no news or information on social media at the time.

The court also heard that he had stalked his former partner – who was with Ellingford on the night of his death.

Hecko was sentenced to life in prison with a minimum of 26 years on March 14. 

Related Article: Man Sues Woman For $2,300,000 After She Refused To Be His Girlfriend

Related Article: Student Missing For 47 Years Finally Found In Car At Bottom Of Canal

Detective Chief Inspector Louise Metcalfe said: “From the moment this was declared a murder investigation, our team worked tirelessly to gather CCTV, statements and compile the evidence needed to charge Hecko.

“Despite the huge amount of work going on behind the scenes, we made supporting Adrian’s family a priority, and our family liaison officers have done an incredible job from the start.

“This was a senseless attack on Adrian, which has left two children without a father.

“I hope that they can move forward and find some closure now that Hecko is behind bars.”

Watch our Video of the Day below…

Do you have a story for us? If so, email us at [email protected]. All contact will be treated in confidence.

Written by Cal Gaunt

Cal is a former content editor at IGV who specialised in writing trending and entertainment news. He previously worked as a news reporter at the Lancashire Telegraph and earned an NCTJ in Sports Journalism.