A woman has claimed that she ‘mistook an Apple AirPod for a tablet’ and ‘swallowed it’.
Carli Bellmer, from Boston, recently took to TikTok and shared a video of herself sobbing after realising her huge error.
In the clip, she cried: “So like, I ate my f***ing left AirPod. I tired puking it and it won’t come out, and I’m f***ing losing my mind.”
Explaining how it had happened, the American continued: “I had ibuprofen in one hand. I had an AirPod also in that hand. And I went to go take the ibuprofen, and I took it, and I was like, ‘Oh, that was a little hard to get down,’ and then I saw the ibuprofen in my hand and the rest is kind of a blur because I was freaking out.”
Concerned about what would happen next, Bellmer then claimed that she rang her doctors but continued to go to work.
Knowing that the phone would continue to pair with the Airpod in her stomach, she disconnected the set on her device.
However, she received a notification from her phone to let her know an ‘unidentified’ Airpod had been detected.
Hilariously, before it ‘passed through her system,’ the 27-year-old realised she had ‘accidentally’ sent her friend a voice note with the earphone from her stomach.
@iamcarliiibFinally out of clock app jail. Heres an update on the ACCIDENTAL airpod situation! Algorithm do ur thing ##fyp ##LevisMusicProject ##airpodsjump♬ Oh No – Kreepa
Later on, Bellmer confirmed that she had gotten rid of the Airpod.
She said: “I had a feeling that I passed it. I did not retrieve it, but I know that it’s passed. I know that it was in my stomach and no longer is.”
To confirm it had definitely gone through her system, she then went and got an X-ray.
Watch our Video of the Day below…